In children’s parties, the food options that are usually offered in general are cakes, sweets of all kinds, sodas, fried foods, snacks, what is known as junk food.
This type of menu is certainly a harmful overload of sugar and calories for children. That is why, more and more parents want to offer healthy options for children, and the trick is not only in preparation but also in a striking and fun presentation.
It is important to try not to predispose or predispose your child to healthy food. So if you are in a meeting, avoid negative gestures and phrases like “my son does not eat that”, because this predisposes it negatively and most likely he refuses to try. Surely when you see other children eating a tasty and healthy meal at a party you will also be encouraged to try it.
Involve them in the preparation
To ensure that your party is not full of children who avoid food and grow grumpy, stick to meals with ingredients and flavors very dear to the little ones. Think for example of bananas, strawberries, apples, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, sweet corn, avocado, maybe some peppers and other simple vegetables and fruits.
Children love to get involved, give them responsibility, launch creative games and it’s really fun with all their friends there. If you can make children get excited about making their own food, then you have given them a great party.
A “do it yourself” section is perfect for this; place for example a table and cover it with different pancakes and dressings, a stack of tacos and a variety of different fillings, the components for homemade pizzas, or a large pasta pot with a few different sauces to season. The options are endless, and children will love it.
We all know that good decoration does a lot when presenting a menu to our guests and if these are children much more.
The decoration of children’s dishes is a great idea to get their attention and get them to be attracted to the food they have on the table. To conquer the stomach of children a good idea is to do it with their eyesight, getting food through their eyes is a step forward.
For example, one idea is to mix colors. Children are very attracted to colors, so it is recommended that you include bright fruits and vegetables in the dishes. They can be as an edible decoration or as an ingredient. Remember that vegetables such as carrots and squash are rich in vitamin A and beta-carotene, while spinach or broccoli are high in iron and folic acid.
If there are children with allergies that come, be sure to label things that may contain allergens such as nuts, dairy products, etc., you can even make cute labels that you put next to those foods.
Another idea is to invite your child to do the shopping for the meeting, since in addition to being a fun plan, having your child accompany you to the market can be an opportunity to teach him which foods are best for him and why. Through games, riddles or songs you can get the attention of the little ones and get them involved in the activity. Remember that it is convenient that you include in the purchases some candy because it is not a plan to eliminate all kinds of sweets, but to make a more balanced menu for the party.
We give you some healthy and appetizing ideas that you can incorporate in a children’s party.
Fish hamburger with cucumber yogurt sauce
– 2 tablespoons chives
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 6 tablespoons of mayonnaise, with yogurt.
– Half cucumber
– 4 breaded cod burgers
– Cut half the cucumber into small cubes, cut the other half into strips with a cheese slicer. In a bowl, combine yogurt mayonnaise, cucumber cubes, and scallions. Season with salt and pepper.
– Heat in a pan with oil and cook the cod burgers for 6-8 minutes until golden brown.
– Cut the open balls and cover the lower halves with cucumber strips.
– Place the fish burgers on top and add the sauce.
Healthy pita bread with chicken
– 250 grams of chicken fillet, in strips
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon of Italian herbs
– 1 teaspoon paprika powder
– 150 ml yogurt, Greek
– 75 grams of mixed lettuce, peeled smaller
– 4 pita bread
– 1 cucumber, in mini cubes
– 2 grape tomatoes, in mini-cubes
– Sprinkle the paprika chicken fillet, salt, and pepper. Heat the oil and cover the chicken strips in 4-5 minutes until golden brown and ready.
– Mix yogurt with garlic and Italian herbs and season with salt and pepper.
– Mix the tomato and cucumber cubes. Toast pita bread.
– Cut them in envelopes, spread the lettuce leaves on top and place the chicken strips on top.
– Place the yogurt sauce and the tomato and cucumber mixture on top.
Sandwiches and faces
– 4 slices of bread
– 1 tablespoon peanut butter
– 5 slices of banana
– 4 blueberries, cut in half
– Chocolate glaze, to serve
– 1 tablespoon cheese spread
– Grated iceberg lettuce, to serve
– 1 slice of ham, cut in 2 rounds and a half-moon
– 1 large salami
– Carrot Noodles, To Serve
– 2 slices of cucumber
– 1 cherry tomato, cut into wedges
– 1 tablespoon cream cheese spread
– Strawberry slices, to serve
Collect all the ingredients
– Step 1
To make a monkey face, spread 1 slice of bread with peanut butter. Garnish with 3 slices of banana, 2 halves of blueberries and chocolate glaze.
– Step 2
To make a super smiley face, spread 1 slice of bread with cheese. Garnish with grated lettuce, ham and 2 halves of blueberries.
– Step 3
To make a funny and curly face, put 1 slice of bread with salami on top. Garnish with carrot, cucumber, one of the tomato wedges and 2 halves of blueberries.
– Step 4
To make a sweet owl face, spread 1 slice of bread with cream cheese spread. Garnish with the rest of the banana, strawberry and the rest of the blueberry.
– Step 5
The three-flavored bomb with ice cream can be one of the sweet star options of the party.
– 180 g of butter, at room temperature, chopped
– 215g (1 cup) powdered sugar
– 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3 eggs
– 340g (2 1/4 cups) of flour
– 250 ml (1 cup) of milk, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons of milk, extra
– 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, sieved
– Chocolate sprinkles, to serve.
– Vanilla wafers, to serve.
– Glacé or maraschino cherries, to decorate.
– 300 g of butter, at room temperature, chopped
– 450 g (3 cups) icing sugar, sifted
– 3 tablespoons milk
– 1 1/2 tablespoons of strawberries and cream flavor
– A few drops of pink dye.
– Step 1
Preheat the oven to 180C / 160C with a forced fan. Cover a 12-hole muffin tray (80 ml 1/3 cup) with paper cases.
– Step 2
You can use an electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until it is compact and creamy. Then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until they are combined.
– Step 3
Add the flour and milk separately, in 2 batches each, until well combined. Divide the mixture evenly into 2 bowls and mix the cocoa and additional milk well in 1 bowl. Place tablespoons at the level of the chocolate mixture on the prepared papers and smooth, then cover with a tablespoon at the level of the vanilla mixture. Smooth tops.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer in the center of the cakes comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before lighting a cooling rack. At that time, remove the paper cases carefully.
To make the icing, you can use the electric mixer to whip the butter in a large bowl until it is soft and fluffy. Gradually add icing sugar and beat until the mixture is very compact. Gradually add the milk and aromas, and beat until well combined. You can add pink dye and beat to combine.
Place the ice cover in a tubing bag equipped with a 1 cm fluted nozzle and the tubing swirls in the cakes. Decorate the tapas with chopped chocolate, wafers and a cherry glacé. That decoration will delight the little ones.
One of the times in which more children’s meetings are held is in the school age. Back to school means not only returning to school but also returning to children’s parties. Making food for a dozen children can be a stressful mission, especially if you do not know what to prepare and would like to please everyone, so we recommend that you prepare a healthy menu but that you include in the candy, even with fruit, for example, remember that with imagination it is how you will conquer their stomachs.
Carolina González Ramos
You may also like: